Contact St. Lawrence College Employment Service
St. Lawrence College Employment Service’s vision is to connect jobs to people and enhance the economic strength of Eastern Ontario (specifically focused on Ottawa, Kingston, Sydenham and Sharbot Lake)
Designed to meet the needs of all job seekers, we offer a full service open to all, providing access to computers, printers, telephones, and a library of both online and in-print resources to support your career and employment goals. Importantly, our program boasts a long and strong history with industry employers. We will provide the following supports:
- We work on your behalf to create work opportunities with potential employers, that are matched to your skills
- We assist in negotiating the employer relationship on your behalf, which may include financial supports for you and your employer.
- We are Funded through the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) – in the delivery of an effective, accountable and efficient customer driven service within the parameters of continuous improvement
- We are committed to strengthening the skills of Eastern Ontario youth and adults by investing in innovative partnerships with industry, education and workforce organizations. We seek to meet the immediate and emerging needs of businesses and workers so they can thrive in our dynamic economy.
Working with partners across our region we are committed to one common goal: to address unemployment and under-employment of people across Eastern Ontario.
This year, SLC Employment Service supported a network that includes:
- 19,000+ job seekers visits to our sites last year
- 4,500+ jobs posted
- 4,400+ business relationships with employers
- 80+ community based partners
Welcome to SLC Employment Services! We hope this website will be a great resource to you.
Employment Service is in the jobs business. Across our region, we design and execute workforce programs in partnership with businesses, educators, and providers. We support the development of education and skills training while connecting jobs to people and people to jobs.
Through our work, we're known for our expertise in:
- Meeting the needs of workers and businesses;
- Innovative programming;
- Creating multiple education and employment pathways for teens and young adults to succeed; and
- Building Eastern Ontario’s workforce development capacity.
We are part of a broader workforce development community that is dedicated to meeting the needs of job seekers, students of all ages, and businesses in Eastern Ontario. We work in the context of the knowledge and innovation economy of the area - one of the most highly skilled economies in the Canada.
We are committed to ensuring that regional businesses have access to a pipeline of skilled workers and that youth and adults in Eastern Ontario have pathways to good jobs.